14 November, 2005

Past My Bedtime

It's 11:30. The Eagles are playing in 4 and a half hours and I plan to be up to watch it. But I can't fall asleep. What's keeping me up anyway?
1) I'm listening to itunes. Maybe I should shut it off.
2) I didn't get up at 7:30 this morning. Oh wait, I did.
3) I still haven't sold the sudoku from Thursday. And it's really hard.
4) I subconsciously don't want to wake up for the Eagles because I know they're going to lose.
Bingo.
But I'm still awake. So I'll share with you some recent thoughts of mine.
Arie on the Army
So I'm basically torn between making aliya soon and joining the army and putting it off and really not doing any substantial job in the army. There are pros and cons to both. The pro to joining the army is that I might make friends, since Israelis apparently stop making friends after the army. Good thing I'll serve with other fat olim. Oh well. The pro to not joining the army is that I won't be a Zionist oppressor. That is, a Zionist oppressor sitting a desk getting some officer coffee. If I'm lucky I can get some DJ coffee at Galei Tzahal.
Arie on Shimon Peres
So you've lost every major election in which you've run. You're 82 years old. You are basically Ariel Sharon's bitch. Did you really think you could contest the election? You have a Nobel Peace Prize, what more do you want? Fine, so you brought Amir Peretz into the Labor party. Inshallah, he'll actually make it into a party again, a party that has a platform beyond stabilizing the fascist elements of the Likud. Not that keeping Netanyahu from corrupting Israel into oblivion is a bad thing. But you're 82 years old. And Peretz has an awesome mustache. And he's a Sefardi. And he hasn't been in politics since the creation of the state. Peres, you were Prime Minister during the Reagan administration. And look at Reagan now. He's dead.
Arie on Mosh Ben Ari
He has a lot of hair. And apparently goes to the same hip hop clubs as me. But damn, that man has so much fucking hair. I think some of it fell in my drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Hackit, got bored in the midst of junior year and decided to see how your living. Big Gayns and I miss you, I guess I'll see you next summer in Lake Como. keep on livin buddy, peace - Micah and Gaynor