10 January, 2006

HaMevin Yavin

Being eminently true to my word, it is time for a new blog post (see previous post). It took nearly 4 weeks, but here it is. To be honest, the moment the other night when I thought "I'll need to write my next blog post with a vengeance" is when I got cocky, and well, I'll leave the cock joke to you (please leave it in the comments section). Needless to say, nothing of GAL-level proportions was going on, but I think all parties had fun, except probably the bartender at Dublin who fell backwards while dancing on the bar and fell into a bunch of glasses. She got up again, but damn was that a buzzkill.
So these past few weeks, filled with exciting new people, a complete lack of learning, and a lot of time spent entertaining my parents, have unfortunately made me think a lot about my future here in Israel. And sadly, that future is not looking so bright.
For example, upon coming home (alone) the other night, I am greeted by the following e-mail from the staff recruiter for Young Judaea YearCourse:
Thank you for your email and interest in working for Young Judaea. We are currently interviewing Year Course alumni only for these positions.
And apparently, I can't get a job as a teacher at Year Course unless I start off as a madrich. So that seems to wipe off one job possibility from my future altogether. Thanks, Young Judaea!
Then, the next day, I get an e-mail back from a profressor I worked with on my thesis. He apparently enjoyed my thesis very much, but has no time to meet with me. Has v'shalom, I might have to apply for a Masters without his specifically asking me to write his next book for him. I don't like the sound of that all.
I have a job interview tomorrow with Siach. If I accept this job, I need to give up my freedom for another year (following my 4 months madriching for Ramah), but I will get to determine how this program is started, since it will be its inaugural year. Of course with my luck, even if I get the job, they won't succeed in recruiting anyone for the program. Bad news for Arie.
What, you may ask, about your borderline-obsessive interest in Israeli music, Arie? I am still waiting to hear back from Arutz 24 (e-mail no. 2, still waiting), and I think a side job of djing off my computer at parties that I throw won't take me very far. But I did have a lot of fun.
So, I leave you with a second task, faithful readers. Besides leaving dick jokes and comments about how excited you are to see my getting off my ass and actually taking girls out on dates, I'd like to know how I should make a living here in Israel. Please refrain from any job related to human trafficking (that includes being a pimp, a male prostitute, and teaching English to Russians). Thanks!

4 comments:

Adira Rose and Michael Knopf said...

There once were two priests, father Jim and father Ray.

One day after a very long mass, the two priests decided to hit the showers, halfway through there showers the priests realized that there was no soap.

So, father Ray says to Father Jim "I have extra soap in my room, I'll go get some".

So he leaves to fetch the soap and doesn't bother to get dressed becuase who would still be in the church at such a late hour? So he comes back from his room with two bars of soap and is walking down the hall when suddenly he hears voices coming around the corner, so with his quick thinking he froze to the wall, stiff as a statue.

The voices turned out to be that of three nuns, who, when saw him standing there like a statue stopped to look at and admire him complimenting at how realistic he looks and what a nice body he has.

When suddenly one of the nuns reaches out and grabbed his penis.

Startled, he dropped a bar of soap, with this the nun said "Oh look, a soap dispencer", wanting to test the first nuns theory the second nun reaches out and also grabs his penis, again he drops a bar of soap.

With this the nun says "Yes it's true, it is a soap dispencer".

Wanting to get her share of soap and excitement too, the third nun reaches out and grabs his penis.

But nothing happended for he was all out of soap, so she goes on yanking and pulling his penis for the next few minutes until, to her delight, she squeals "Oh! Look, handcream!"

Anonymous said...

If you still have any contacts from your thesis call them up and see what they suggest, or what you can do with them. If any of those artists need help I'm sure you'd be able to do it. Also they know whats up around there, and might be able to hook you up with someone else who can help you get a job.

Anonymous said...

Im telling you, you gotta talk to someone about launching an Israeli hip-hop magazine! Seriously, Ill come help you if you really wanna make it happen.

Hope all else is well

Anonymous said...

I think you should create an Israeli hip hop magazine for Americans who think they actually know what Israeli hip hop is talking about to read. Dude, if you are going to make aliyah, starting in the army is a start--then again, your second year of yeshiva tuition is free so that might not be so bad...